- Sunday, August 25th, 2013 – Start time for all distances will be 8:00 am
- All courses begin and end at the Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex 2440 Hwy 2, Bowmanville, ON. (At the intersection of Hwy. 57 & Hwy. 2)
- Registration and rider check in opens at 6:30 am
- Riders are strongly encouraged to be on site by 7:30 am
- Riders participating in the 4K TT Challenge* must be on site and checked in by 7:00am
- 4K TT/Heartbreak Hill Challenge - Chip Timed - Cash Prizes, ($20.00 Challenge registration fee)
- 3 Distances for the avid cyclist: 60K’s, 100K’s, 160K’s (distances are approximate to provide the best roads possible)
- An approximately 20K (loop) Community Ride
- On course rider support – including food, hydration and check points
- Bike mechanics on duty
- On course communications
- Lunch, showers and massage at the finish
- Questions? Phone us at the United Way 905-436-7377, weekdays, 8:30-4:30
- On-line Registration Fee $60 – Incentive, Prizes and financial rebates for voluntary fundraising!
Registrations – in advance, click ‘register now’, or phone us Check out our fundraising tips page and Prizes and Incentives page!
Click for Bike Routes
A little more information if you wish:
What: Ride4United Way – A ride which supports the work of the United Way of Durham Region. The ride will include 3 courses to accommodate a fairly broad cross section of riders with varying experience and fitness levels. The distances for the avid cyclist will be 60K, 100K and 160K’s. There is also a community ride of 20km for the recreational riders. While the purpose of the ride is to raise funds for the United Way, it is not mandatory that every rider is involved in soliciting pledges and raising funds. We hope that many people who simply want to ride in beautiful countryside on a fully supported course and enjoy the day and have a bite to eat at the end, will pay the registration fee and join us.
When: Sunday, August 25th, 2013. The ride will start promptly at 8:00 am with a mass start. Rider registration will open at 6:30 am and all riders are encouraged to be on site no later than 7:30 am. Riders who are participating in the 4KTT Challenge (available to anyone registered in the 160km or 100km routes), must be on site, to register, check in and receive their timing equipment no later than 7:00 am.
Where: The event will start and finish at Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex, 2440 HWY 2, (Corner of Hwy 2 and Hwy 57) in the Town of Bowmanville, Municipality of Clarington.
Who: The ride is constructed in such a way that we hope a broad cross section of riders will join us. You will be joined by experienced cycling enthusiasts and experienced road racers, by those interested in cycling for fitness, fun or perhaps those who have been on cycling tours. We hope that the event will encourage people who may not have been on their bike in a while to train and join us as well. In other words, YOU!
*Please note that ALL distances are approximate including the Time Trial due to road construction and rider safety.